Mission & Goals
Changing the lives of kids in need.
The primary goal of Camp Opportunity is to improve the health, safety and well-being of our campers and staff, by providing them with opportunities to build healthy relationships and increase their self-esteem in a safe, stress-free environment.
We seek to achieve our goal through the following objectives:
- Match each camper one-on-one with a counselor for the week, providing them with continuity and mentorship that can continue throughout the year and each summer.
- Facilitate a wide-range of activities, including the Discovery curriculum, which have a focus on coping skills and promoting the positive attitude “I can.”
- Create opportunities whereby each camper can experience success.
- Help our campers develop skills to face their own circumstances and to make safe life choices outside of camp.
- Provide campers with the experience of developing positive relationships with adults that can be transferred to their community, school and home.
Transform a child's life
for as little as $25